TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
After the slow down of older models of iPhones, Apple started offering replacement batteries at a lesser cost for the affected users. Now, the company has come up with a repair program for the iPhone 7 users. It is said that some iPhone 7 units are suffering from a serious glitch due to component failure that results in 'No Service'. In simple words, this issue will not connect the device to a cellular network.
Apple has come up with the iPhone 7 repair program offering free service to the affected iPhone 7 users. The company has mentioned that only those units of iPhone 7 those were sold between September 2016 and February 2018 in select markets such as the U.S., Japan, Hong Kong, China, and Macau.
Apple has also announced that those users of affected iPhone 7 units who have already paid for the repair in order to get the issue fixed will be reimbursed by the company. This appears to be the fourth component replacement program from Apple for the iPhones ever since the year 2015. the company has also come up with the model numbers of the affected units in various countries those are actually eligible for free repair. Take a look at the model numbers from here below.
- A1660 and A1780 in China
- A1660 in Hong Kong, Macau and the US
- A1779 in Japan
In an official statement, Apple announced that a small percentage of the iPhone 7 units may face the 'No Service' issue in the status bar even if there is cellular coverage due to the failure of a component on the main logic board the smartphone. It is said that if any iPhone 7 device exhibits the issue, Apple will repair the device free of cost. Users who are facing the issue have to contact a nearby Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Technical Support.
Having said that the issue due to component failure, it is clear that a software update will not be of any help this time. The company has to physically repair the device by removing the faulty logic board component and replacing it with another one.