- 2 hrs ago Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite announced with quad cameras: Price, specs and more
- 3 hrs ago Skullcandy Indy review: A cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods
- 4 hrs ago Vodafone partners with Hyundai arm, for connected car services
- 5 hrs ago Nokia 3.2 officially launched in India with 4000mAh battery starting at Rs 8,990
- News J&K Governor lifts restrictions on civilian traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway from May 27
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Lifestyle 21 Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites
- Movies Chinmayi Posts 'Nudes' As Requested By A Troll; Shocking Deets Inside
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Apple iPhone X screen repair cost revealed officially along with terms and conditions
To put it in simple words, Apple iPhone X screen repair cost will be expensive.
Apple iPhone X has surprisingly received a huge demand from consumers since it was made available for pre-orders on October 27. In fact, many reports stated that the device went out of stock within a couple of minutes. While Apple, as well as fans, may be happy but there is one underlying information that buyers should also know. The repair cost of the device.
Until now it was a mystery but the Cupertino based company has finally revealed the repair cost of Apple iPhone X and has even given the price break up for users with AppleCare+ and without it. However, the repair cost for the device will differ from market to market and consumers should check with their respective local apple support centers of the websites.
Having said that, Apple's official Support page reveals that iPhone X users will be charged $29 (roughly Rs. 1,880) with AppleCare+ and $279 (approximately Rs. 18,000) for screen repairs without AppleCare+ subscription in the US. This rate will only be applicable after the expiration of the standard one-year manufacturing warranty.
Apart from iPhone X, Apple has also revealed the screen replacement cost of other Apple iPhones. For Apple iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, or iPhone 6s Plus screens the users will have to pay $169 (roughly Rs. 11,000) if these phones are out-of-warranty cost. For Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6 Plus users will have to pay $149 (roughly Rs. 9,700) for screen repairs. Similarly, for Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone SE, it will cost $129 (roughly Rs. 8,300). Note that these prices are without AppleCare+ warranty. With AppleCare+ it will cost only $29 (roughly Rs. 1,880).
In any case, while the iPhone X already comes with an expensive price tag any damage to this smartphone without the warranty will put a hole in the pocket for consumers. In India, the cost should even go up. According to a tweet by MacLabz, the screen repair cost for iPhone X could reach as high as Rs. 41,600 in India. It has also been said that the repair cost will drop to Rs 35,000 to Rs 38,000 by January. Authorized Apple resellers in India are yet to confirm the pricing.
Meanwhile, Apple has also stated, "Issues caused by accidental damage aren't covered under the Apple Limited Warranty. These prices apply only to repairs made by Apple. Other service providers may set their own prices. We'll add a $6.95 (roughly Rs. 450) shipping fee if your repair requires shipping and isn't covered under warranty or AppleCare+. All fees are in USD and exclude local tax."
You can read all the terms and conditions by visiting the Apple support page.