- 3 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 6 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 10 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 11 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Apple iPhone X was the world’s best-selling smartphone model: Report
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Redmi 5A and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus were the world’s top-selling Android smartphone models.
Apple iPhone X was the world's best-selling smartphone model, shipping an impressive 16 million units during the quarter, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
While Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Redmi 5A and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus were the world's top-selling Android smartphone models.
The firm estimated that the Apple iPhone X captured 5 percent market share worldwide in Q1 2018 and for the second quarter running.
The iPhone X remains the world's most popular smartphone model overall, due to a blend of good design, sophisticated camera, and widespread retail presence for the device.
"Apple has now shifted almost 50 million iPhone X units worldwide since commercial launch in November 2017," Juha Winter, Senior Analyst at Strategy Analytics, said.
"The previous-generation iPhone 7 shipped a respectable 5.6 million units for fourth place. Combined together, Apple today accounts for four of the world's six most popular smartphone models," he said.
Meanwhile, Apple has also announced its financial results for fiscal 2018 second quarter ended March 31, 2018.
The company posted quarterly revenue of $61.1 billion, an increase of 16 percent from the year-ago quarter, and quarterly earnings per diluted share of $2.73, up 30 percent.
International sales accounted for 65 percent of the quarter's revenue.
We're thrilled to report our best March quarter ever, with strong revenue growth in iPhone, Services, and Wearables," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO.
The report also pointed out that total smartphone shipments reached 345.4 million units in Q1 2018 and top-six most popular models together accounted for 1 in 7 of all smartphones shipped worldwide during the quarter.
He said "Customers chose iPhone X more than any other iPhone each week in the March quarter, just as they did following its launch in the December quarter. We also grew revenue in all of our geographic segments, with over 20 percent growth in Greater China and Japan.
"Samsung's new flagships, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, only started shipping toward the end of the first quarter, but shipments are already off to a very good start, We expect the S9 Plus to become the best-selling Android smartphone globally in the second quarter of 2018," Woody oh added.