TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New Record — IAF Airlifts 463 Tonnes In Just 6 Hours, In Ladakh
- IPL Auction 2019 — Everything You Need To Know
- Citibank Offers 71 litres Of Diesel/ Petrol Per Year, In A Tie-Up With Indian Oil
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Flipkart Christmas Discount — Samsung And Nokia Smartphones Get Huge Price Cuts
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Deepika Padukone Or Kriti Kharbanda — Who Looked More Fabulous In This Saree?
Apple has been awarded for a new patent which will ensure that your iPhone will always turn on to a correct brightness even when it's dark out. The new patent ensures that the phone's display will not hurt user's eye when it turns on at night.
The patent is made to address the luminescence shock, which occurs when you turn on your phone's display during a dark condition. Usually, what happens, when you turn the screen on the iPhone take a few seconds to settle down to an appropriate brightness level.
Now, with this patent, Apple has managed to control the selectivity limit of the brightness level of a display of the device, when the screen of the device is activated in dark circumstances especially in the night.
How technology works
Basically, the smartphone will use ambient light sensor when an event is triggered suppose you receive a phone call or a message. During this kind of events the instead of turning the display on and adjusting the brightness after, the device will use the ambient light sensor to judge how dark it is.
After determining the environment display will turn on with an appropriate brightness. In simple words, instead of turning on the display at full brightness, the device will simply turn on at reduced brightness when a call or message has been received, which will avoid luminescence shock.
This patent is a continuation of the one which was filed back in 2016. Apple had filed the original patent back in 2007. So its pretty clear that the company is working on it for a while now.
This new feature will also help in saving power. If a device is constantly turning on and off the display whenever a notification is received, it can have a big effect on the battery. Turning it on at a lower brightness could help in power saving.
Apple will soon implement this patent in the upcoming iPhones, and also in other devices like iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook and other. This feature will not show up in any setting option, it could simply be a new feature in an iPhone that is not explicitly describe