- 8 hrs ago How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- 11 hrs ago 10 Best Android Apps For Investment On The Move
- 14 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 16 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Apple will start assembling iPhones in India in less than a month: Report
It was reported earlier that after denying the demands, the Government is once again working on options to accommodate demands in which the company is looking for the concession to set up its manufact
Karnataka IT Minister Priyank Kharge has said that the Cupertino-based tech giant Apple will start assembling iPhones in the city in less than a month, PTI reported.
According to a report, Kharge said, "In less than a month, we will have something out - Apple will start assembling and making its high-end iPhones at its plant in the city. Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron Corp will help Apple in doing so."
Kharge said making iPhones in India would help Apple lower prices, which will help it gain a foothold in the fast growing Indian market.
He further said that "Assembling and making of iPhones in Bengaluru will boost Apple's chances of gaining a foothold in the fast growing Indian market because it will allow the company to lower prices," report added.
However, it was reported earlier that after denying the demands, the Government is once again working on options to accommodate demands in which the company is looking for the concession to set up its manufacturing unit in the country.
The tech giant is asking for incentives from the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Diety).
Apple had asked for tax concessions including lower import and manufacturing duties, and certain policy exemptions from the Government for setting up a manufacturing unit here in the country. The company also wants duty exemptions on the products to be bought from special economic zones (SEZs).
Apple had informed the government this year in January that it is ready with a blueprint to begin manufacturing iPhones in India but wants fiscal concessions.