- 39 min ago Redmi Pad Unboxing Video Reveals Design Ahead of Launch; What to Expect?
- 41 min ago AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Getting Too Hot To Handle? Here Is An Easy Fix
- 50 min ago Infinix Note 12i 2022 With 6.7-inch AMOLED, Helio G85 Launched
- 1 hr ago Jio 5G to Arrive in Four Cities by Diwali; Deployment in Other Cities by 2023
- Travel Quick Guide: Dussehra In Mysore Navaratri Festival
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Why Imlie Fame Sumbul Touqeer Has The Highest Chance Of Winning The Trophy?
- Finance Sensex Jumps Above 1000 Points In Late Trading Hrs, Banking Stocks Rally
- News Kerala govt opposes plea challenging reservation policy and fee waiver in KSCSA
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp & Zero Motorcycles To Co-Develop Electric Motorcycles: Hero Invests Rs 488 Crore
- Sports Transfer Rumours: Erling Haaland still on Real Madrid radar
- Lifestyle Navratri 2022: 5 Ways To Detox After Navratri Celebrations
- Education JALDOOT App: An App to Make Farmers Prosper and Villages Grow
Apple’s Security Flaw Making iPhones, MacBooks Vulnerable: How To Protect Your Devices?
Apple vouches for user privacy and safety. However, iPhones and MacBooks are severely vulnerable to a new threat looming over. The newly published Apple security reports suggest hackers can have complete access to iPhones or MacBooks. An anonymous researcher has discovered the security flaw, as acknowledged by Apple.
Apple Security Flaw Discovered On iPhone, MacBook
Apple has published two security reports explaining the security flaws. Two bugs were found within the WebKit, which is Apple's browser engine powering Safari and other applications. The first vulnerability would allow hackers and people with malicious intent complete access to an iPhone or a MacBook.
The other vulnerability was also found on browser engines used by apps like Mail, Safari, and other iOS apps. This vulnerability would allow hackers and attackers to execute codes that could download malware on a user's device.
The Apple report doesn't talk about how the security flaw appeared on Apple devices. It also skips on important details like where the vulnerabilities came from and how many people were affected. A report by Mashable quotes security experts who claim almost all iPhones and MacBooks have been affected by the vulnerability.
How To Stay Safe From Security Flaws?
Luckily, Apple has already released security patches and updates to fix the new vulnerability and bugs prevailing on iPhones and MacBooks. So, all users need to do is update their devices with these steps:
Step 1: Open the Settings app
Step 2: Click on General > Software Update
Step 3: Check if there's any pending update. If yes, click on the update
Step 4: The security update will download and automatically install on your device. Make sure your phone or laptop is plugged in.
Apart from keeping your devices updated to the latest versions, make sure you don't download third-party applications. Apple has built its ecosystem with blocks for third-party apps, yet, it's best to avoid external files entering your devices. It's also advised to avoid using public Wi-Fi connections as these can also be portals for malicious activities.