- 1 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News With fresh avalanches, bodies of mountaineers may have sunk deeper
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor FEELS LIKE THIS About Playing A Cop In Prabhas Starrer 'Saaho'!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
BlackBerry’s first Android phone to be available in several colourful options
BlackBerry has for long been rumored to be working on its first ever Android powered smartphone, to pump up its shrinking market share. Once a leading smartphone player, BlackBerry has for long been struggling to retain even a tiny bit of share in the market.
The company has not been able to achieve a significant volume and has only 1.1 million units shipped last quarter of this year. Since BB10 released in January 2013, the company's shipment fell further, to account to lower than 10 million in total till last quarter.
Under this situation, the only ray of hope for BlackBerry to save itself from drowning seems to be succumbing to the Android, or else it might fade away like Nokia soon.
Previous rumors and conjectures suggested that the first Android phone from BlackBerry would be called Venice, however it seems like the phone will instead be named the BlackBerry Priv. This will be slider phone with the goodness of touch interface combining company's iconic QWERTY keypad.
Now a new set of images have emerged online to show that the phone will be available in several colour options including Blue, White, Purple, red, Grey and Black.
As for its specifications, rumors so far suggested that the phone will feature a 5.4-inch QHD LCD display, and be powered by a Snapdragon 808 processor with 3GB of RAM. In order to catch the fancy of the photography lovers, the phone is also likely to sport an 18-megapixel primary camera with dual LED flash, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies.
As for now, rumored launch details hint the unveiling to happen sometime later this or early next year, though it might come sooner than expected. This is likely to be placed as a premium smartphone from the company, and could be priced higher than Rs 40,000.