TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
BSNL Sets mobile tower at an altitude of 16,000 feet in Eastern Ladakh
State-run BSNL, with the Army's assistance, today operationalised a mobile tower at an altitude of 16,000 feet in Eastern Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The highest mobile tower in Eastern Ladakh at an altitude of 16,000 feet has been operationalised today in a joint effort by the BSNL and Indian Army," Udhampur-based defence spokesman Colonel S D Goswami said.
He said the tower provides vital communication link to one of the remotest locations of Eastern Ladakh at Chongtash.
"The mobile tower at Chongtash has been established with assistance from the Indian Army's Trishul Signallers in terms of transportation, setting up and rearward connectivity," he added.
The spokesman said the Army with this effort continues to contribute towards development of communication infrastructure for benefit of the local population of Ladakh.