TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Celkon launches first manufacturing plant in Telangana
Indian mobile phones-maker Celkon on Friday launched its first state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Medchal, Telangana, a company statement here said. The manufacturing unit is 30,000 square feet in area and is ready to start production from Day One.
The unit will start with four production lines which will deliver a production capacity of two lakh units per month.
The production lines will be increased to 12 and the production is expected to touch five lakh units per month within the next quarter.
Additionally, the facility will also house a 10,000 square feet warehouse for raw materials and a 5,000 square feet warehouse for finished products.
Around 60 percent of the mobile phones manufactured in the facility will comprise of feature phones and the rest will be smartphones. The facility is International Standard Organisation certified.
"We envision the country to become a hub for manufacturing cutting edge devices and have been actively pursuing the cause for the last few years," said Y. Guru, the chairman and managing director of Celkon Mobiles.
Celkon's new manufacturing unit will employ 500 people comprising skilled technicians.