- 1 hr ago Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- 1 hr ago Kingston Throned As The Number One DRAM Module Supplier For 16th Consecutive Year
- 2 hrs ago Exclusive: Vivo U10 To Offer 6.35” HD Display, 5,000mAh Battery And 18W Charger In Box
- 2 hrs ago OnePlus Music Festival To Feature Performances From Katy Perry, Dua Lipa
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Automobiles Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Exclusive: Gionee to launch new smartphones with face unlock, Full View Display
Gionee has also launched S10 Lite with WhatsApp clone feature that enables users to create three WhatsApp accounts, allowing them to differentiate their personal and professional life.
After launching S10 Lite last year in December, Chinese smartphone maker Gionee is all set to launch a couple of new smartphones in Indian market on 26th April. The devices will go on sale via offline channels initially and will be priced between Rs 9000 to Rs 15000.
"The new smartphones will sport face unlocking feature and a FullView Displays" sources close to the development told GIZBOT. As stated, the smartphones will be available for purchase only through offline channels in the beginning. It's unclear if the upcoming devices will be available on online platforms later.
Meanwhile, another industry source informed us that "The company is going to launch more than two products in India on Thursday and likely to join hands with telecom operators for free data.
The company has also sent out media invites for an event which says, "With an endeavor to ignite the youthful mind, we cordially invite you to join us to explore and experience a whole new world of Gionee Smartphones - Bigger, Wider and Better."
Gionee recently confirmed its restructuring plans for India this year in February to a news agency.
"We are in the process of restructuring our India team and executing a completely different business model for the brand in the market very soon," the agency quoted Chang David Chang, Global Sales Director, Gionee India.
Gionee established its operations in India in 2012 and it had mere 2.2 percent share in the Indian smartphone market in 2017, according to Counterpoint. However, the company claims that it has over 6 percent market share of the Indian smartphone market. The company currently has a presence in over 42,000 retail outlets across 2200 cities in India.
To recall, Gionee has also launched S10 Lite with WhatsApp clone feature that enables users to create three WhatsApp accounts, allowing them to differentiate their personal and professional life.
The device allows a user to split screen, making it possible to juggle different activities on one screen at one time.
The smartphone comes with 4GB RAM and 32GB inbuilt storage that is expandable up to 256GB using a microSD card.