- 51 min ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 3 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 8 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 8 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Existing Nokia smartphones will receive Android P update, confirms HMD
It’s confirmed! Nokia phones will get Android P.
Earlier this week, we came across a report tipping that the existing Nokia Android smartphones will receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update by the end of this year. The same was confirmed by HMD Global and it meant the Nokia 6, Nokia 5, and Nokia 3 smartphones.
Following the same, there came another report on Friday confirming that the Nokia 8 flagship smartphone will receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update by the end of October this year. We already knew that the Nokia 8 will receive the update anytime soon as the Oreo update was being tested on the smartphone and teased on Twitter by HMD a few days back.
Now, HMD has gone a step ahead and confirmed that all the existing Nokia smartphones will receive the Android P update that Google will release next year. The company announced the same at a launch event that was held in the Philippines. The same was revealed in a video posted on a Facebook page and you can click on it to listen to the same.
From this announcement, we can expect all the other upcoming phones to be launched next year with the Android P OS out of the box except for the Nokia 2. Likely to be the cheapest one to be launched by HMD, the Nokia 2 might not be powerful enough to receive the Android P update. However, we are yet to come across that.
As of now, we know that the Nokia 2 will be the most entry-level smartphone to be launched by HMD Global. The device is believed to be made available sometime in November in select markets. The reports point out that there will be another product, perhaps the Nokia MD-22 wireless speaker that might be launched with the smartphone. The smartphone is rumored to be launched with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor under its hood.