- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Naib urges Afghanistan batsmen to keep calm, play full 50 overs
- News Striking doctors want media coverage for meeting with Mamata for ‘transparency'
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Gionee Elife E8 India launch to happen in an exclusive partnership with Snapdeal
The Chinese smartphone company, Gionee is prepping to launch the flagship Elife E8 smartphone in India on October 8, for which it has started sending out media invites. Gionee teased in its launch event invite that it has an announcement to be made around an ecommerce tie up.
GizBot has got to know that Gionee will be announcing an exclusive partnership with Snapdeal to sell the Elife E8 smartphone in India. With this tie up, Gionee will also join the bandwagon of smartphone companies who sell their devices in exclusive partnership model with online retailers. So far, Gionee has been selling its devices via online as well as offline channels.
Taking a recap of the Gionee Elife E8 smartphone, the company first announced the flagship smartphone in China and is now finally brining the phone in India nearly four months later. In terms of specifications and features, the highlight of the phone is its 24MP rear camera, which also gets a special mention in its India launch invite. The primary snapper comes with OIS, and true-tone flash.
The phone also features an 8-megapixel selfie camera up front to cater to the selfie enthusiasts. The camera specifications will put the phone in competition with the Motorola Moto X Play smartphone, and the upcoming Moto X Style smartphone that will be making its India debut on the same day.
Both of the Motorola's offering boast 21MP primary cameras. Apart from the aforementioned, the Elife E8 will also pit against the recently launched Lenovo Vibe Shot smartphone which adorns a 16MP camera and has been designed as well as promoted as a camera centric smartphone.
Furthermore, the Gionee Elife E8 features a 6-inch WQHD Super AMOLED display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution giving way to 490ppi pixel density. It is powered by a 2GHz MediaTek MT6795 64-bit octa-core processor coupled with IMG G620 GPU, and with 3GB of RAM. It gets 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB on a microSD card.
The Elife E8 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop topped with the company's native Amigo 3.1 UI, which brings several customizations and additional features on-board. It houses a 3,520mAh capacity battery, and supports dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE, and other standard connectivity options.
The company is yet to announce the price of the phone and we look forward to see how the company will price the phone to take on its rivals in the market.