TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Last week, there were reports tipping that Google will launch a digital payment app in India. Today, Google Tez, a UPI-enabled digital payment app has been launched in the country.
As there is an increase in online transactions, more number of Indians are using such apps to pay for their utility bills, movie tickets, and other transactions. The Google Tez app is the first digital payment app that has been launched by the company in India. As the country's digital payment industry is booming at a rapid pace, even Amazon and Facebook are looking forward to such their payment-related products over here.
Talking about the Google Tez, Tez means fast in Hindi and this is claimed to be one of the highlights of this new app. Google Tez is a standalone payments app that is available on both iOS and Android. It is powered by UPI, the government-backed NPCI built payment protocol.
The Google Tez app supports regional languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali and Marathi. The interface looks simple and users are asked to enter their bank account number and authenticate their ownership. The verification can be done easily by just sending a text message using their registered phone number via the interface of the app. After the verification, Google will ask the users to add a UPI PIN to start making payments. Users can see their friends using Tez and request and pay money.
Google Tez has a Cash mode option that lets users transmit audio to identify the person nearby them and pay or receive money to that person. Google has teamed up with HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, and ICICI for backend processing of the app.
Apart from the banks, Google has teamed up with several popular services in order to boost the usage. Some of the launch partners are RedBus, Domino's Pizza, PVR Cinemas, DishTV and Jet Airways. The company claims that users need to look out for the Tez logo in order to find whether their favorite services are supported. Google has also introduced Tez Scratch Cards that might offer deals and vouchers for the users to lure them.