TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
Xiaomi pulled the wraps off its much-awaited smartphone the Mi Note 2 along with the launch of a concept smartphone which goes by the moniker, Mi Mix. Both the smartphones feature stellar hardware and come with a hefty price tag, lower than what other flagships in the market cost, though.
However, Xiaomi has decided not to launch these new set of smartphones in the country. Furthermore, it added that the market for flagship smartphones in India is still in its nascent stages. As part of what appears to be a business strategy, the company will continue to launch one flagship a year, this may change in the near future, though.
While it may make perfect sense for the company if seen from the business point of view, it’s quite a bummer for the tech-savvy folks in the country.
This decision doesn't seem to be a very wise move from the company given the fact that the Mi 5 is barely able to keep up with the competition offered by its Chinese counterparts such as the OnePlus 3.
Hugo Barra, company’s vice president for the international market said that “As a company, we have been around for two years in India. We still have a very small portfolio (there). We have on flagship (phone) per year and this year it is the Xiaomi Mi 5. Next year we will have another flagship phone. The flagship phone market in India is still very small….we want to keep flagship portfolio very tight in India so the new phones are only for the China market.”