TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
When HMD Global had bought the brand license of Nokia, fans expected a lot from the Finnish tech firm. The company turned heads by launching a series of smartphones at MWC 2017. This year as well, we witnessed the launch of five Nokia handsets at MWC 2018. Both the years, HMD made sure to introduce a revamped version of its iconic phones.
In 2017 it was the Nokia 3310, and this year it was the Nokia 8110. Well, guess what? HMD Global intends to keep on playing the nostalgia card. As per a report by Android Authority, the company is working on the revamped version of the iconic Nokia 2010, which was announced in 1994.
The modern version of Nokia 2010 is said to launch next year to mark the 25th anniversary of the handset. So we assume, the refreshed Nokia 2018 will be announced at MWC 2019.
The report has revealed some details about the Nokia 2010. "It'll feature a slightly updated design, 4G LTE connectivity, a color screen, and will launch in the same markets as the Banana phone".
The device is likely to run the same OS as the other phones belonging to Nokia's Classics range. However, the Nokia 2010 could support popular apps like WhatsApp and Facebook. The report says that HMD is in talks with Facebook regarding this.
As mentioned, the phone will look similar to the original Nokia 2010. The image above also suggests the same, but the company may add a few changes later. Finally, the report notes that the revamped version of Nokia 2010 could be called Nokia A10, and it will be available in several color options such as Red, Yellow, and Black.
Meanwhile, HMD has sent out press invites for an event slated for April 4. Rumors have it, the company not launch the Nokia 8110 4G phone at the event. That leaves us with the new Nokia 6, Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco. We are not sure if the company will launch only one device or multiple phones. Tell us in the comments which Nokia phone are you waiting for the most.