TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
It has been a couple of weeks since the launch of Android 8.0 Oreo. Initially, it was thought the latest version of Android will debut in Google's Pixel devices.
However, turns out the Sony Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact will be the first smartphones to be released with Android O. Anyway, many manufacturers have started confirming which of their smartphones will be updated to Android O. Now, Huawei's sub-brand Honor has announced that two of their popular budget-friendly phones will receive the Android O update.
The smartphones are Honor 8 Pro and Honor 6X. The company made the announcement at the recent press conference in New Delhi, India. When Honor was asked about the arrival of Android 8.0 O in the aforementioned devices, the company said the firmware upgrade would be released within few months.
So if you own either of these smartphones, you would receive the Android O update by the end of this year. That being said, the roll-out for the Android 8.0 Oreo update for Honor 6X could be delayed and happen in early 2018.
The Honor 6X was originally launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, but currently, it runs on Android Nougat. While the Honor 8 Pro came pre-installed with Android Nougat.
Well if you wondering, the Android Oreo will bring along a slew of new features which include icon shapes, dots for notifications, more security options, an auto-fill fill service, smart text selection, and a picture-in-picture mode.
In addition, your device's battery performance and overall user experience will improve as well.