The JioPhone that was unveiled at the 40th AGM of the company in July is all set to disrupt the budget mobile phone market with its features.
Already, the fact that the JioPhone will be available at effectively no cost is creating the buzz. Though the consumers pay Rs. 1,500 to buy the smartphone as a security deposit, the same will be refunded after 36 months. There are claims that the users will get a partial refund on returning the handset before three years. However, we are yet to get an official confirmation regarding the same from the company.
The company has announced that they will collect Rs. 500 as the pre-booking fee that will be adjusted at the time of delivery. So the balance Rs. 1,000 of the security deposit needs has to be paid at the time of delivery. The whole Rs. 1,500 will be fully refundable as mentioned above on returning the device after 36 months.
We already know that the pre-booking of the device will debut at 5:30 PM today. Interested consumers can pre-book the JioPhone online via the MyJio app and jio.com website. Also, the pre-bookings can be done offline from the Jio retailers and multi-brand device retailers. Here are the steps involved in pre-booking the handset. Take a look at how to pre-book the JioPhone from below.
- Open the MyJio app or visit the jio.com website.
- On the pre-booking screen, you need to click on the Pre-Book Now button.
- Key in your mobile number and enter the Pin Code of the place where you want to JioPhone to be delivered.
- Now, click on Proceed.
- There will be multiple payment options and you need to choose the mode of payment to pay the refundable pre-booking fee of Rs. 500.
- Once the payment is successful, you will see the confirmation screen with the message stating that the booking has been successful.
While the pre-bookings will debut today, the JioPhone will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. Understanding that there will be a high-end demand for the device, the company is expected to roll out 5 million JioPhones per week.