TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
Huawei CEO finds Samsung Galaxy Fold design "not good"
both phones have a foldable display but different approaches.
Industry giants Samsung and Huawei unveiled their respective foldable smartphones recently. Although both devices have a foldable display, they differ in terms of design. Huawei CEO Richard Yu admitted in an interview with Business Insider that the company was working on a design similar to the Galaxy Fold. However, the company dropped the idea as they thought the design was "not good."
"I feel having two screens, a front screen and a back screen, makes the phone too heavy," Yu said, referring to the Samsung Galaxy Fold design. "We [Huawei] had several solutions, but we canceled them. We had three projects simultaneously. We had something even better than that, killed by me," he said.
Huawei then came up with the design of the Mate X that packs a single display which doubles as a tablet when folded out. However, the Mate X doesn't seem to be any slimmer than the Galaxy Fold. Also, the design raises the risk of the display being vulnerable to scratches as it is exposed all the time.
The Galaxy Fold, on the other hand, comes with a smartphone-like display, while there's a tablet-style display on the inside. This will help protect the inner display from scratches and smudges. The device is actually a bit thicker and the hinge isn't completely closed and might allow dust particles to get into the device and damage its parts.
What's common here is the pricing. The Huawei Mate X is priced at $2,600, while the Samsung Galaxy Fold comes with a price tag of $2,000.