- 13 min ago Intel Computex Preview: New products revealed with up to 2x Gaming and 8x AI Boost
- 47 min ago Last week Most trending smartphones: Galaxy A50, OnePlus 7 Pro, Honor 20 Pro, Zenfone 6 and more
- 1 hr ago Everything you should know about Nokia and Netplus deal
- 1 hr ago Nexstgo forays into North India with first ever Avita Brand Store in Delhi
- News Modi Cabinet 2019: Who will make the cut
- Lifestyle Mandarin Sari Or Fiery Red Outfit: Which Ensemble Of Katrina's Wooed You More?
- Movies Arjun Rampal's Sister: He’s In A Happy Space Now That He’s With Gabriella
- Finance How To Deposit Money In Your Post Office RD Account Online?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: Pakistan seek glory after strife
- Automobiles Honda Activa 5G & CB Shine Limited Edition Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 55,032
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
Huawei Mate X 5G foldable smartphone coming to India soon, find out everything here
The device is priced at € 2,299 (Rs 1, 80,143 approx) and could be the most expensive smartphone in the Indian market.
The MWC 2019 concluded last month on 28th and a number of brands showcased their upcoming products such as smartphones etc at the technology trade fair. Huawei also showcased its upcoming flagship Mate X foldable smartphone during the MWC 2019. The 5G enabled smartphone is the company's first device to offer a foldable design and it will compete head-on with Samsung's foldable smartphone in the market. Now, the Chinese tech giant has revealed that it will be bringing the premium smartphone soon in the Indian market.
While there is no specific timeline for the availability of the smartphone in the Indian market, the company reveals that the device will be available soon in the country. The Huawei Mate X is going to carry an expensive price tag in the Indian market and could be the most expensive smartphone with its hefty price tag. The device is priced at € 2,299 (Rs 1, 80,143 approx).
We at GizBot met with Mr. Wally Yang, Senior Product Marketing Director, Huawei Consumer Business Group for the Mate X foldable smartphone. Mr. Yang informed that Mate X will be made available to Indian consumers in the second half of the year 2019. The smartphone will carry a premium price tag and will reinvent the smartphone user experience for tech-savvy users.
We also enquired about the durability factor of Mate X and if the brand is planning to collaborate with insurance service providers to offer some cover plans for the pricey Mate X at the time of its launch. Mr. Yang informed that it is too early to comment on the same and more details will be shared close to the launch date of the smartphone.
Huawei Mate X foldable smartphone specifications:
Mate X is a high-end smartphone by the Chinese tech giant. It makes use of the company's in-house premium octa-core Kirim 980 chipset based on 7nm architecture under its hood. The processor is clubbed with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU to render graphics. The device packs 8GB of RAM for multitasking and 512GB of internal memory for storing the data on the device. The internal memory is further expandable to up to 256GB via microSD card slot.
The Mate X primary highlight is its big-size foldable display panel. The smartphone's display measure 8-inches when unfolded and when it is folded it offers 6.38-inch and 6.6-inch separate diagonal displays. While the former offers a screen resolution of 2200 x 2480 pixels screen resolution, the latter offers a screen resolution of 1148 x 2480 pixels. It's the hinge which is the backbone of the foldable design. Huawei has been working on this for quite a long time and has offered a futuristic design with the Mate X.
It has a primary camera setup with three lenses which includes a 40 MP (f/1.8) primary lens, a 16 MP (f/2.2) lens, and one 8 MP (f/2.4) sensor for depth sensing. The Huawei Mate x is fuelled by a huge, 4,500mAH battery unit which comes with Huawei's fast charging technology support.