- 8 min ago Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 Battery Details Confirmed; First Under Display Camera Smartphone?
- 26 min ago Vi Launches Rs. 447 Prepaid Plan: How Does It Fair Against Reliance Jio And Airtel Non-FUP Plans
- 36 min ago Microsoft Windows 11 With Design Overhaul Releasing Today; Event Time, Livestream Details
- 46 min ago Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Sports Bautista Agut, Carreno Busta lead home hopes in Mallorca as three Spaniards reach quarter-finals
- Finance Infosys Share Buyback: Stock Hit New High As Share Buyback To Start From Friday
- News Statehood in pipeline, but elections first, PM likely to tell J&K leaders
- Lifestyle Newly Wed Yami Gautam Looks ‘Simply Happy’ In Her Beautiful Printed Maxi Dress; Know It’s Price Inside!
- Movies Radhe Shyam: Here’s How Much Makers Of Prabhas Starrer Have Spent For Over 26 Humongous Sets!
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Automobiles Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Huawei Mate 8 Phablet Global Variant Announced: The 10 Most Important Features to Know!
Back in November 2015, Huawei launched its phablet flagship in China called Mate 8. Now, at the ongoing CES 2016 expo, the biggest tech shows of the world, the Chinese tech major has set on ambitious goals to capture the global market and has announced the global availability of the device.
Huawei Mate 8 is the company new flagship phone that boasts a premium design, high-end specs, and several variants. This smartphone will be competing with high end Android flagship phones.
As per the company's press release, the Huawei Mate 8 will be initially available in 30 countries including: Spain, Germany, France, United Arab Emirates, Mexico and Australia. The device will cost 599 euros for 3GB +32GB and 699 euros for 4GB + 64GB. Also, it will be made available in four elegant colors: champagne gold, moonlight silver, space gray and mocha brown.
All Metal Body
The Huawei Mate 8 dons a metal-body design with 2.5D glass, which gives it a premium look. As per the company claims, the Mate 8's body has been made of 'aerospace-grade' aluminum which makes it strong yet light. It has a 6-inch Full HD screen with IPS-NEO negative LCD display offering 368 PPI, and comes with a fingerprint scanner paced on the rear panel, just like the Huawei Nexus 6P. Going by its design as seen in the official images, we find it sleek and impressive, but will say more about how premium it feels on hand and its sturdiness once we get our hands on the device.
Powerful chipset with Massive storage space!
The smartphone is powered by Huawei's in-house Kirin 950 octa-core chipset with 2.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A72 and 1.8GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, paired with Mali-T880 GPU. It also features an i5 co-processor, which as per Huawei, takes care of speech recognition, low-power consumption MP3, sensor hub, fused location provider (FLP) navigation, and lower location-based power consumption.
Huawei has launched 3 variants of the Mate 8, which differentiate mainly on the basis of their storage space capacities. The base variant comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage, and higher end modes include the 64GB and 128GB variants with 4GB of RAM each.
To ensure that the phone lasts longer, Huawei has powered it with a 4,000mAh battery that, it claims, will be good enough to run for up to 18 hours of talk time and 22 days on standby mode.
8MP Selfie Camera
In the photography department, the Mate 8 sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX298 image sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), and optical image stabilization (OIS). For selfie enthusiast, it features an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with Sony IMX179 image sensor and f/2.4 aperture. The camera specs seem good on paper, as we wait to review the device.
Shipped with Marshmallow
The phone runs the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box. We think this is nice considering that there are very few phones right now that run the newest Android version. Even though by the time this phone gets launched in India the Android 6.0 will be released for many other smartphones, we think it will remain an advantage.
Unibody design and No replaceable battery
Huawei's has used metal design to give a premium look and feel to the phone. However, as is the case with most metal phones, we are not really quite fond of the uni-body design. We wish this phone featured a removable back panel with a replaceable battery.
Lacks water and dust resistance:
We wonder why Huawei has missed on the IP certification for the Mate 8. The water and dust resistant capabilities would have only made this phone a better competitor to its rivals.
The phone comes with a Full HD display instead of a QHD display or a 2K resolution display which offers sharper visuals and imaging. Considering that even Huawei made Google Nexus 6P comes with a QHD display, we wish this phone too had a higher resolution screen.
Though USB Type C is still not a standard connectivity port, we think that the company could have used it instead of the microUSB to make the phone future ready. The USB Type C is a reversible port and works faster and better.
In the End:
No information on India Availability
Currently, there's no information on India availability so far, which is sad, of course!
· 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with 2.5D glass, 95% wide color gamut
· Octa-Core (2.3GHz 4 x ARM Cortex A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x ARM Cortex A53) Huawei Kirin 950 processor with Mali T880 GPU
· 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
· Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.0
· Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
· 16MP rear camera with Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, OIS, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
· 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
· Fingerprint sensor
· Dimensions: 157.1× 80.6×7.9mm; Weight: 185g
· 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
· 4000mAh battery