- 36 min ago How to make your Android device safe for kids
- 2 hrs ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 3 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 3 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- Sports ICC World Cup: Warner, Smith booed by crowd in warm-up match against England
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Huawei Mate S launched: 10 key things you must know about the new flagship
At the ongoing IFA 2015 in Berlin, Germany, Huawei unveiled its much awaited flagship device in the company's Mate series of smartphones. Dubbed as the Huawei Mate S, the smartphone is a premium Android smartphone that features the Force Touch technology which has been previously seen in the Apple Watch, and also is one of the highly expected features to be seen on the upcoming iPhone 6S smartphones.
As for specifications and features, the Huawei Mate S is a smaller alternative to the Ascend Mate7, however with upgraded features. Here we give the key specification details of the Huawei Mate S phone:
Goodness of Metal in design
Huawei's new flagship, the Mate S, flaunts a full metal bodied design for a premium look and feel, and has an arched back with curved surface, to make the phone comfortable to be held. It measures 149.8 x 75.3 x 7.2mm in dimensions, with thickness of sides measuring 2.65mm, and weighs in at 156g.
First with Force Touch integration
The phone features a 5.5 inch AMOLED FHD (1080p) screen with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, and display has 2.65mm slim bezels. The display has a pixel density of 401ppi. The display gets the force touch technology that allows users to hard press the base of the screen to bring up app shortcuts and multitasked applications, or to zooming on photos, to use the screen as a set of weighing scales and do more.
The Huawei Mate S is powered by Huawei's own Kirin 935 octa-core chipset with dual quad-core with clock speed of up to 2.2GHz.
Plenty of storage space:
The chipset is paired with 3GB of RAM, which is supported with an internal storage of 32GB for the Standard version and 64GB for the Premium version. The company aso mentioned a 128GB variant, which will be coming later.
The phone's 13-megapixel primary camera is one of its key features. The rear camera has a BSI sensor with an RGBW array for an improved result in low light capabilities. The camera is supported by a f/2.0 aperture, and a dual-LED flash. In addition, the camera features optical image stabilization technology and a Sapphire crystal front element lens.
For Selfie enthusiasts, there is an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with an LED light, and f/2.4 aperture. The camera however has fixed-focus.
The smartphone runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop-based Huawei's native EMUI3.1 that brings a tweaked interface and additional features.
In terms of wireless connectivity, the phone comes with standard connectivity features including 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS, apart from NFC and an FM receiver.
To ensure a smooth sailing of the phone, it is powered by a 2,700mAh battery to keep it powered up.
As for its price, the Standard version is priced at €649, or roughly Rs. 48,300, while the Premium version comes for €699, approximately Rs. 55,600.
There is no information given specifically for its India launch, the company announced that Huawei Mate S will be launched in available in more than 30 countries including China, Germany, Israel, Japan, France, Germany and Spain, later this month. It can be pre-ordered in Western Europe from September 15.