TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
Huawei Kirin 970 chipset's latest feat is its capability to support Category 18 for downlink speeds and Category 13 for uplink speeds. This implies that the chipset has the capacity to hit downlink speed mark as fast at 1.2Gbps. The feat was achieved by the processor during a test conducted by Huawei along with Rohde & Schwarz.
Rohde & Schwarz is a German manufacturer of measurement equipment for mobile radios. Huawei joined hands with the latter and deployed several enhancements to carry out the test successfully. However, the venture also included involvement of enhancements to increase the speed.
Senior Vice President of Hisilicone Technologies announced,"We are pleased that Huawei has completed the test with R&S and witnessed together this performance breakthrough in the smartphone industry. The Kirin 970 has become the first SoC to support LTE Cat.18 DL and Cat.13 UL connectivity with a peak downlink speed at 1.2Gbps. A new milestone has been achieved to show that Huawei's Kirin SoC is once again in a leading position in the LTE-A-pro wireless communication industry."
Huawei's Kirin 970 also fares well against Qualcomm's start performer Snapdragon 835 which is one of the best performance based processor from the company. Moreover, Kirin 970 is a step ahead of the Snapdragon 835 that supports Category 16 for downlink speeds and offers a speed of 1Gbps. Kirin 970 also has a dedicated AI channel. The latest processor will debut on October 16, 2017, with the launch of Huawei Mate 10 smartphone.