- 11 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- 12 hrs ago WD Purple SC QD101 MicroSD Review: Tailor-Made For Modern-Day Security Cameras
- 13 hrs ago Apple iPhone 12 Mini Vs iPhone SE 2020: The Best Small-Sized Phone
- 14 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A02s Spotted On Geekbench Featuring Snapdragon 450 Chip
- News COVID effigies new addition at Dussehra celebrations across country
- Sports IPL 2020: Details of Date, Venue, Timing of IPL Final, Play-offs, Full squads of Women's T20 Challenger
- Finance Process To Check Whether Your Bank Account Is Linked With Aadhaar Or Not
- Movies Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet’s Special Performances & Other Videos From Their Wedding Day Go Viral
- Lifestyle 12 Simple Exercise Tips For People With Diabetes
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Huawei Y3 (2018) with Android Oreo Go OS announced
Huawei Y3 (2018) is the first Huawei smartphone to run on Google's Android Oreo Go Edition. The smartphone has 1 GB RAM and 8 GB onboard storage
Huawei has announced it's first Android Oreo Go powered smartphone AKA the Huawei Y3 (2018). This is an international model, which is expected to be priced in the vicinity of $75 (Rs 5000). As of now, there are no details on either pricing or the availability of the smartphone.
The Huawei Y3 (2018) is an entry-level Android smartphone with barebone specifications. However, the smartphone runs on the highly optimised custom Android Oreo OS called the Android Oreo Go. Unlike some of the Android Oreo Go powered smartphones, the Huawei Y3 (2018) comes with EMUI skin on top, which might hinder the performance of the device compared to the Oreo Go smartphones running on stock UI (Nokia 1).
The smartphone does not have any fancier looking design. Instead, it has a clean and bold design with a plastic back cover on the back and a flat tempered glass on the front. The design of the Huawei Y3 (2018) mimics the design of smartphones from early 2016.
In terms of hardware specifications, the phone is a no powerhouse. It has a 5 inch 845 x 480 WVGA IPS LCD display with a 16:9 aspect ratio display. Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the Mediatek MT6737M Quad-core SoC coupled with 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 8 GB onboard storage, which is user expandable.
Camera and connectivity
The phone has an 8 MP primary camera and a 2 MP secondary camera. These cameras can record native 720p HD video footages and also offers additional camera features. The main camera supports autofocus, whereas the front-facing selfie unit utilises a 2 MP fixed focus sensor. The smartphone does support 4G LTE and VoLte with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 as well. The smartphone has a 2280 mAh Li-ion battery and weights at 180 grams. Considering the battery capacity, the smartphone weights a lot more than a typical smartphone with this calibre.
Price to performance is the one thing that we consider on a smartphone. Though the Huawei Y3 (2018) has entry-level specifications, the smartphone will be optimised to offer better performance, as the device is running on Android Oreo Go Edition. If this smartphone launches in India, then it has to compete against the likes of the similarly priced Nokia 1, which also has an advantage of stock Android UI.