- 5 min ago Redmi Note 7s with 48MP camera to go on sale again on May 29 at Flipkart
- 24 min ago OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T confirmed to receive Android Q update by the end of 2019
- 47 min ago Samsung Galaxy Fold Game of Thrones Edition by Caviar looks luxurious
- 1 hr ago Asus ZenFone Max M2 gets new FOTA update shortly after Android Pie roll out
- News SSC SI, ASI Paper 1 result 2018 expected to be declared today
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Sandalwood Actresses With Highest Number Of Filmfare Awards: Radhika Pandit Tops The List
- Finance Stringent Compliance Norms In Place To Crackdown Shell Firms
- Automobiles Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Indus OS join hands with Gionee to offer flagship features
With this new partnership, Indus OS expects an exponential growth in its product engagement metrics which would lead to even more partnerships with leading Indian developers for Brand Accounts
Home-grown smartphone platform Indus OS on Tuesday announced its partnership with Chinese smartphone maker Gionee where the users will experience Indus OS' flagship features on a majority of new Gionee smartphones.
This will allow Gionee's loyal consumer base in India to experience the Indus platform and its unique features for the Indian market.
To begin with, the first two Gionee smartphones with Indus OS' flagship features are expected to hit the Indian market in April-May 2018. With this new partnership, Indus OS expects an exponential growth in its product engagement metrics which would lead to even more partnerships with leading Indian developers for Brand Accounts. These new partnerships will continually improve the experience of the Gionee smartphone users.
Rakesh Deshmukh, Cofounder and CEO of Indus OS said: "Our association with Gionee will most definitely provide a significant push to our vision of creating an Indian smartphone ecosystem and achieving our goal of reaching a user base of 100 million by 2020."
"After setting up operations in China earlier this year, Gionee is the second international smartphone brand that we have partnered with," he said.
The new feature "Brand Accounts" by Indus OS allows contextual integration of India's top content and services. It lets users access the features without installing a third-party app. It will also allow users to access trending news, videos, weather forecast in English and 10 Indian regional languages. Apart from these, users will be able to track their prepaid phone number's balance and purchase a top-up pack with a single touch, the company.
David Chang, Global Sales Director, Head India Operations - Gionee, said "We had recently announced plans to restructure our India team and execute a completely different business model for Gionee in the Indian market. Our partnership with Indus OS is a step in this direction. Our focus has always been to provide relevant and high-quality offerings to our customers & we are happy to partner with Indus OS who have created an Indian smartphone ecosystem to cater to the specific needs of the Indian consumer."
"Our association with Indus OS will enable us to establish a clear software differentiation in the market thereby making our smartphone offerings even more relevant to the Indian consumer."
Indus OS also has its very own app market place called App Bazaar with over 400,000 applications.