TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sri Lank Bomb Blasts — Fresh Explosion Near Church In Colombo
- IPL 2019: RR vs DC — Live Update
- Renault Announces Summer Service Camp
- Bharat Trailer: Salman & Katrina Starrer Is Winning Hearts!
- Samsung Postpones Galaxy Fold Launch Following Display Issues
- Sensex Slumps 500 Points On Rising Oil Prices; IT Stocks Gain
- Aish Is A Vision In Her Gown
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
LAVA emerges as favourite mobile handset in India
LAVA has emerged as a "Challenger" mobile handset maker across India and stands at number one in states like Jammu & Kashmir, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and Gujarat, a new report said on Friday.
According to market research group Cyber Media Research (CMR), LAVA registered 29 percent in mobile handset shipments in the third quarter of 2016, selling over 7.1 million handsets as compared to 5.4 million in the second quarter this year.
"Despite immense competition, we have done highest volume among all Indian mobile handset brands and have emerged as the 'Challenger' brand across India," said Navin Chawla, Chief Operating Officer of LAVA.
LAVA plans to strengthen its manufacturing in India to cater to both domestic and international markets.
SEE ALSO: Top 10 Fast/Quick Charging Smartphones to Buy Under Rs 10,000
"It has earmarked an overall investment of Rs 2,615 crore for ramping up the existing manufacturing units along with setting up more manufacturing facilities to increase the overall production capacity to 216 million units per annum in the next five to eight years," said Chawla.