TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Lenovo India, yesterday, announced that it is rolling out support for Reliance Jio 4G VoLTE to its popular K-series smartphones of 2016 via a software update. The Chinese tech giant took it to Twitter to announce the same. The addition comes as a happy welcome given the fact that Lenovo’s K-series smartphones are quite popular in the budget segment in India.
It’s a widely known fact that Reliance Jio is offering free 4G services along with the ability to place free HD voice and video calls under its Happy New Year Offer. But, to make use of these free services, users would need a 4G VoLTE capable phone.
While most smartphones launched in the recent past offer support for 4G LTE out-of-the-box, a few miss out on the VoLTE support despite having the required hardware.
So is the case with the Lenovo K-series smartphones.
However, thanks to the new software update, K-series smartphones including Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus, Lenovo Vibe K5 Note, Lenovo Vibe K5 and the most recent Lenovo Vibe K6 Power will offer support for Reliance Jio’s free service including voice calling without any additional apps. For the unknown, before the update, K-series users would require the Jio4GVoice app to place and receive free HD voice calls.