TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
LG G6 users in Cina have reportedly started receiving Android 8.0 beta update for their smartphones. It seems that the company is finally and seriously working on bringing the latest version of Google's Android to its smartphones. It has taken some time for the company to do so.
The news about the update was first reported by a forum user in China. The user has posted several screenshots of his device running the new OS. While the texts are in Chinese, it is easy to make out that it is Oreo. Further, the screenshots also reveal features like picture-in-picture, Oreo's reworked App Shortcuts, the ability to snooze notifications from individual apps, adaptive app icons, and more.
According to the leaked details, the software version for the 8.0 Oreo beta is V19A but there is no mention of how big is the file. LG is rolling out the beta update to supported models which include LGM-G600L, LGM-G600S, LGM-G600K, LGM-G600LR, LGM-G600SR, LGM-G600KR, LGM-G600LP, LGM-G600SP, and LGM-G600KP.
Currently, it looks like the update is specific to LG G6 (review) users in China only. There is no official word on whether the update will be expanded to users outside China or not. It is also unclear if the company would be directly releasing the stable version to users around the globe.
LG is expected to roll out the update to G6 users most probably by end of December or in the early days of 2018. In any case, the LG G6 is one of LG's best-looking phone that we have seen so far. And it is good to see that LG is giving G6 the attention that it deserves apart from its flagship LG V30 and V30 Plus.