- 1 hr ago Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite announced with quad cameras: Price, specs and more
- 3 hrs ago Skullcandy Indy review: A cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods
- 3 hrs ago Vodafone partners with Hyundai arm, for connected car services
- 4 hrs ago Nokia 3.2 officially launched in India with 4000mAh battery starting at Rs 8,990
- News J&K Governor lifts restrictions on civilian traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway from May 27
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Lifestyle 21 Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites
- Movies Chinmayi Posts 'Nudes' As Requested By A Troll; Shocking Deets Inside
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
LG starts rolling out Android 8.0 beta update for LG V30 users
LG V30 users can preview the Android 8.0 Oreo OS regardless of the carrier.
In the past week, we have seen several leaks that showed some LG smartphones running Android Oreo.
However, LG has not given any information about the actual release date or specific time frame for the release of the firmware. While everything has remained a mystery, the situation might be changing now.
If you recall, LG V30 has launched in South Korea a month ago and the phone came with Android 7.1.2. But since its launch, it seems that the company has been working hard behind the scenes on perfecting the Oreo update. And now, South Korean residents can try the new firmware starting today.
LG has launched its 'LG OS Preview program' and this program will now allow V30 users to try out the Oreo update early. Basically, LG V30 users can preview the Android 8.0 Oreo OS regardless of the carrier. As per the company any V30 user can join the program and test the update.
Interested users can sign up to the program by opening the phone's Quick Help app and tapping on the OS Preview banner. Users will receive a "Software Update" notification message that will be sent out during this month and once users accept it the wireless OS upgrade will proceed. And that is pretty much it.
LG has also said that users can exchange information or provide feedback about the update by posting various opinions in 'Forum' in the 'Quick Help' app. LG will review the feedbacks and will further tune Android Oreo before the final roll out.
Lee Sang-gyu, Managing Director of Korea Mobile Group at LG Electronics, said, "We will continue to provide services that will allow us to fully enjoy the best performance without failing to reflect on customer feedback."
Besides this Google's latest OS Oreo comes with a variety of convenience features which users can experience hands-on. Some of them include allowing users to watch videos and continue viewing images on a small screen even when running other apps or to support a wider variety of sound devices such as high-quality wireless headsets and more.
LG has plans to make the official OS upgrade available in December. But this rollout will basically be for Korean users. Other countries might have to wait for a bit longer.