TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Maharashtra invites Foxconn to set up unit for iPhone project
The Maharashtra government today said it has invited iPhone manufacturer Foxconn to scout for locations in the state for setting up iPhone unit.
"Foxconn is sending a delegation of their officers to scout for locations in Maharashtra. We expect it to visit the state in a month's time," state industry minister Subhash Desai told PTI.
During his China visit in May, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had met representatives of the leading Taiwan-based electronics giant Foxconn.
"Visited the leading electronic manufacturer Foxconn, had good meeting with the founder Terry Gou and his team," Fadnavis had said. "Very happy to know from Terry that Foxconn is keen to invest in Maharashtra for data centres, mobile phones, tablets, television, etc.
A detailed plan on proposed investments in Maharashtra for 2015-2017 too was presented by Foxconn. Had a great discussion on it," the Chief Minister had said.