TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Marshall unveiled a ‘Sound Centric’ smartphone: An industry first!
All the audiophiles out there must have heard of the brand Marshall before. It is a UK based brand which has been making top notch sound equipment since 1960. But recently they decided to enter the smartphone industry - with a not so conventional device, Marshall London.
We are all familiar with camera centric smartphones before but Marshall London is an industry first - a ‘Sound Centric' device. This though may sound strange to most of us out there, the move will definitely make the audiophiles happy.
Priced at $585 i.e. Rs 36,855 approx, the Marshall London comes with a 4.7 inch HD(1280x720p),Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, 2GB and a 8MP rear camera. There is 8GB of internal storage along with a battery of 2500mah. Memory Expansion is also available.
Pretty ordinary specifications for a $585 phone, no doubt. But don't worry there's more to it than stated above. The best part is yet to come.
The USP of the Marshall London is as follow:
- It comes with a rather unconventional dual 3.5mm headphone jack. Hence you don't need to fight with your friend who also wants to listen to the same song as you are listening too. Ask him/her to just plug-in their own set of ear buds!
- Dual front speaker configuration. One at the top and other at the bottom.
- The device packs the Wolfson WM8281 Audio Hub, a soundcard that gives the smartphone a separate processor for music, allowing it to play at a higher resolution.
- It can play uncompressed music such as a FLAC format.
- London also comes with a Global Equalizer that applies the selected profile to whichever music player you use. There is an In-ear earphone mode like the ones present in MIUI v6.
- The M Button on top allows user to access their music just with a single click!
Along with all this you will be getting a Monitor Headphones worth $219 if you pre-order the device from here.
It's true that Marshall have priced the device a little higher than what they should have. Nevertheless we feel it's a great initiative from the Audio giant! What do you think about the smartphone? Do you feel that Audio giants like Marshall, Bose, JBL have a role to play in the smartphone industry?