TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Chinese phone maker Meizu was expected to launch the Meizu S6 on January 4. However, the company today announced that it will introduce the smartphone on January 17 in China.
The Chinese phone maker has also started sending out media invites for the launch event. It should be noted that the Meizu S6 is also known as Blue Charm S6. The mid-range device from the new 'S-series' will come with an 18:9 display and it has been confirmed by Meizu itself. Other than that, the smartphone has also appeared in quite a few leaks, revealing its design and specifications.
Talking about the specifications, the Meizu S6 is expected to come with a 5.7-inch HD+ display with the screen resolution of 1440 × 720 pixels. The display will be covered by a 2.5D curved glass for added protection.
At the heart of the device, there will be a hexa-core Samsung Exynos 7872 processor coupled with Mali-G71 GPU on top. The Meizu S6 is likely to come in two memory variants. The basic one will feature 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, whereas the higher model will carry 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage space. The storage space can be further expanded up to 128GB using the microSD card slot.
This dual SIM smartphone from Meizu is said to pack a rather small 2930mAh battery, which may not be sufficient as the device features a 5.7-inch display. On the software front, the Meizu S6 will probably run on Android 7.0 Nougat with the company's custom FlyMe OS 6.0 on top.
In terms of connectivity, the smartphone is said to offer standard features such as 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS. Moreover, it will come with a fingerprint scanner for added security. The handset will measure at 52 × 72.54 × 8mm.
It is also being speculated that the Meizu S6 will be offered in a range of color options other than the usual Black and White ones. As of now, there is no information available on the camera aspect of the smartphone. Hopefully, we will get the details in the upcoming days.