- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: India Vs Pakistan: Highlights: Rohit, Kohli inspire India to rout of Pakistan
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Meizu to host an event in Delhi on August 26: Is MX5 coming?
The Chinese smartphone maker Meizu is hosting an event in Delhi, India on August 26. The company has put up a poster on its Facebook page saying that Meizu Brand launch to happen, with details of the date and place for the event, while keeping details of the products that will be launched under wraps.
Meizu might not have revealed the event details, but it will most likely launch its flagship MX5 smartphone, which was first announced in China in June. Chances for the phone to get launched are more considering that it is an idol time for the company to bring this phone to India in order to compete with OnePlus 2, which launched recently globally and is now open for invite-based bookings.
GizBot spoke to Tim Zhong, overseas sales and marketing head for Meizu, who confirmed that "It's a brand launch, and we will talk about the products (at the event)." Zhong emphasised on keeping the news for the August 26, though he did hint at announcements around the MX5 at the event.
Meizu entered smartphone market in India recently with the launch of its M2 Note priced at Rs 9,999, which was launched in an exclusive partnership with Amazon. Though Meizu has not confirmed, the company is now expected to launch the MX5 smartphone in India, which may as well be introduced as an Amazon exclusive.
As for its design, specifications and price, the Meizu MX5 is a premium looking phone with metal chassis. It features a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED full HD display with 1080x1920 pixels resolution and pixel density of 401ppi, and is powered by a 2.2GHz 64-bit MediaTek Octa-Core processor paired with PowerVR G6200 GPU. The chipset is supplemented with 3GB of RAM with 16GB/32GB/64GB of built-in storage that can be expanded up to 128GB on microSD card.
This phone sports a 20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony sensor, laser autofocus and flash, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone runs on Android 5 Lollipop-based FlymeOS UI. In addition, the phone has a fingerprint sensor, offers quick charge option, and was launched with mPay Wallet service in China.
As for its price, the Meizu MX5 is expected to cost about Rs 19,000 for the 16GB model in India.
Considering that there are still a few days left for the event, we are hoping for more teasers and details to come up to give us more information about the launch.