- Microsoft Xbox One X Review: Breaking limits of living room gaming with native 4K support
- Microsoft 365 receives Whiteboard Windows 10 app and a free version Teams
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider Preview update (Build 17713 -RS5)
- Microsoft Whiteboard app is now available on Windows 10 platform, iOS to follow soon
- Microsoft Surface Go Vs 6th Gen iPad: Affordable tablets from flagship brands
- Microsoft Surface Go launched for Rs 27,000, competes against the 6th Gen iPad
Microsoft is now far behind the others in the smartphone race. The company signed the deal with Nokia years back with the aim of having its own hardware and software that work together.
Unfortunately, things didn't work as intended by Microsoft. The company's smartphone business was not successful. The recent reports that are making rounds on the internet do point out that the Redmond-based company is still having plans regarding a device based on Windows Phone. The Surface Phone aka Surface Mobile rumored to be in the works is a proof.
There is no denying of the fact that Microsoft has launched several noteworthy and best-selling devices such as Lumia 520, Lumia 1320, etc. Though the company was speculated to launch the flagship Lumia 960 as the successor to the Lumia 950, it did not come to fruition. While the device was in the making, the Lumia lineup of smartphones was discontinued and the Lumia 960 never saw the light of the day.
Display is missing
The recent images of the Lumia 960 do not show the display of the smartphone. In fact, the display appears to be missing the prototype units look raw.
PureView camera at its rear
The prototype of the alleged Lumia 960 shows that the device features a large 20MP PureView camera sensor at its rear. Also, the display is believed to be a QHD 1440p panel. And, the device is believed to have used the Snapdragon 820 SoC.
The device is question from Microsoft appears to have aluminum body and stereo front-facing speakers. These are the ones that distinguish it from its predecessor - Lumia 950.