- 11 min ago NASA to place your name on chips aboard Mars 2020 rover
- 27 min ago Redmi Note 7s with 48MP camera to go on sale again on May 29 at Flipkart
- 45 min ago OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T confirmed to receive Android Q update by the end of 2019
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy Fold Game of Thrones Edition by Caviar looks luxurious
- News Of the 22 seats contested in Western UP, Congress lost deposits in 21
- Finance Public Sector Banks Recovered Rs 1.2 Lakh Crore From Bad Loans In FY19
- Automobiles Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Sandalwood Actresses With Highest Number Of Filmfare Awards: Radhika Pandit Tops The List
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MIUI 9 to be unveiled soon?
Xiaomi is preparing to officially unveil its next MIUI version MIUI 9.
After almost a year of development, it looks like Xiaomi is finally preparing to officially unveil its next major version of MIUI Android skin for its Mi smartphones.
The news comes from the company's account itself. As such, a few days back Xiaomi,s MIUI official had released a message which read, "forward these letters, you will have the universe and good luck!". And the interesting part, the letter came with MIUI boldly written in the message.
While the message may be simple but we are also assuming that the company is trying to say more. It might be that Xiaomi is giving us hints on what will happen with the company's user interface which has been in the testing and development phase for some time now.
A report from China-based site MyDrivers has pointed out that MIUI 9 is expected to come with features like a split-screen mode, picture-in-picture mode, SMS scheduling, screen recorder and there should be other new features as well with the update.
Further, MIUI 9 will also likely bring performance improvements and bug fixes compared to the current version. However, it is still a mystery in terms of which smartphones will be receiving the update but most likely the device released in 2017 should be the ones to get the update first. Mi 6, Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4, and Redmi 4.
Talking about the roll out, Xiaomi is expected to push out MIUI 9 a month or so earlier than last year. The roll out of MIUI 8 began around August 2016. However, considering the past of Xiaomi right from MIUI 6, the iteration time interval between each version has been no more than one year.
Going by the present situation, as we are approaching a year mark it is widely expected that MIUI 9 will be released sooner rather than later.
That being said, there is also another possibility that Xiaomi could launch a beta version of MIUI 9 first in July. Then, it could be rolled out for Mi phone users in August. The company had applied the same strategy with MIUI 8.
In any case, rumors are saying that now we are just weeks away from an official unveiling. While Xiaomi fans may have something to look forward to, we just have to wait for now.