TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Mobile ads can influence which car you buy
Mobile phone ads can drive car sales far more effectively than other forms of advertisements, a study commissioned by Facebook says. Most digital automotive ads are delivered too late in the consumer purchase decision cycle, while mobile ads reach consumers earlier - before they have already made up their minds, mediapost.com reported.
The research, conducted by Ipsos MediaCT, surveyed 1,501 adults ages 18-64 who are in the market for a new car about their automotive research and purchase habits, and revealed a large and increasing role for mobile at almost every stage of the process.
The majority of digital car ads are delivered in the final month before consumers make the big buy, doubtless as a result of behavioural targeting.
However most consumers (59 percent) have actually settled on one or two models by that time, so the ads are either redundant or irrelevant.
Auto brands and dealers who want to increase consideration for their offerings should boost their mobile ad efforts, as more consumers are turning to mobile for car research, especially the Millennials.
Overall 60 percent of respondents said they begin their research process at least six months before they make a purchase, and 27 percent said they did most of their car research on mobile.
Among respondents who did their research on mobile, 70 percent said they felt overwhelmed by the amount of data available.
Facebook said car brands and dealers could accompany branding and local campaigns with mobile components, including videos.