TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
Moto Z2 Play with support for Moto Mods accessories was launched in India last year with Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Now, the smartphone is said to have received the Android 8.0 Oreo update in the country. While there is no official confirmation from the company regarding the update, many users of the device have taken to Twitter stating that they have received the Oreo update.
According to a report by Techdroider, Moto Z2 Play units in the country have started receiving the Android 8.0 Oreo. This update is said to have the version number OPS27.76-12-25. The smartphones in India and Brazil seem to have got the update.
As per a Twitter user, the smartphone has received an OTA update measuring 1190MB. It is likely to include the April security patch too. Many users of the handset in India have taken to Twitter revealing the screenshots of the changelog but there seem to be not many changes and enhancements.
Given that the smartphone has received the Android Oreo update, it will receive features such as Smart text selection, Background limits, Picture-in-Picture mode, support for Android Instant apps, a redesigned emoji set, easier installation of unknown apps, and adaptive icons. As it is an OTA update, it is expected to be rolled out to all the users in phases. Those who use the Moto Z2 Play can also check for the update manually heading to Settings → About Phone → Software Updates.
Moto Z2 Play specs
To recap, the Moto Z2 Play comes with a 5.5-inch FHD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The handset makes use of a 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 626 SoC teamed up with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage space, which can be expanded up to 2TB with a microSD card. The imaging aspects include a 12MP rear camera with a 1.4-micron sensor, laser and dual autofocus lens and f/1.7 aperture. At the front, the device has a 5MP selfie camera with a wide-angle lens and f/2.2 aperture.
The connectivity aspects of the Motorola smartphone include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, a USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, NFC and GPS. There are necessary sensors on board and a 3000mAh battery to keep the lights turned on.