TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Few days back, Nokia 3, 5 and 6 got updates from the manufacturer and while Nokia 5 and 6 models received the much-awaited Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS, Nokia 3 was left out. The device received only the October Android Security update.
While we were wondering why this happened, now HMD has confirmed that Nokia 3 will soon be updated Nougat OS version.
As for the reason behind the delay, well HMD has stated that the obvious reason was the use of MediaTek chip inside the Nokia 3 handset. The company has said that the processor experienced a delay in drivers being updated and that it further required more time for tests to be completed. Just to refresh our minds Nokia 5 and 6 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset thus they got they update really quick with any delays.
While this is good news for the device owner, they might have to wait a bit longer for the update to reach their devices. As per the company, the update will be rolled out along with next month's (November) security patch.
Once they get the update they will be able to experience Android 7.1.2 hands-on. Beside Nougat brings a lot of new features like enhanced notification stability, extended battery usage, shortcuts, as well as better fingerprint swipe performance improvements and more. It also should pack in a number of bug fixes, user interface improvements, better system stability, and general performance/stability improvements.
Interestingly, Nokia 3, 5 and 6 are also confirmed to receive Android 8.0 Oreo before the end of the year.