TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
Usually, Google pixel devices are the first ones to get the Android security patches. It is natural since Google owns the entire mobile platform.
However, HMD Global, the current manufacturer of Nokia phones, is trying its best to change that. The Finnish company is apparently planning to upgrade its devices with the latest Android software before anyone else. If you remember, back in July, Nokia 6 was the first smartphone to receive the Android security patch for that month. Again, it seems like Nokia 5 will be the first device to get the September security patch.
Weighing in at 142MB, the new firmware brings the latest fixes for security bugs found on the Android platform. It is worth pointing out that as of now, the patch is not present on the Android Security Bulletin.
If you are a Nokia handset user, you may already be aware that these phones run on a very clean version of Android. This makes sure users get a bloat-free experience and on-time updates.
In related news, HMD has recently confirmed all the Android-based Nokia smartphones would be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo. This means the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 smartphones are all set to receive the Android Oreo and upcoming Android P update until 2018.
However, the company did not reveal when exactly the update will be released for these smartphones. In any case, we expect the Android Oreo update to arrive in all the Nokia smartphones by the end of this year.