- 4 min ago Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition officially launched with HDR 10 display and 4,050mAh battery
- 19 min ago How to share music from JioSaavn to Instagram and Facebook stories
- 19 min ago Samsung Galaxy A70 review: A competent mid-range phone with great battery and display
- 34 min ago Redmi K20 will be the first Redmi smartphone with 7th Gen In-display fingerprint sensor
- Automobiles Ford EcoSport Thunder Edition Launching Soon — Revolting Against The Koreans
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Was EXTREMELY FURIOUS At Vivek Oberoi's Tweet At Aaradhya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Sports La Liga season review: A rollercoaster of a ride for fans
- News As exit polls indicate big BJP win, here is what the party has in mind in Karnataka
- Finance 3 Situations Where Income Tax Deductions Under Sec 80C Can Be Reversed
- Lifestyle Effects Of Smoking On Skin And Hair
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Nokia 6.1 Android 9 Pie update imminent: Juho Sarvikas CPO HMD Global
Nokia 6.1 was launched with Android 8 Oreo
When it comes to software updates, Nokia is one of the few brands, which offers a faster software update and security updates, as the Nokia smartphones come with stock Android OS. And now, HMD Global's CPO has officially confirmed that the Nokia 6.1 will get Android 9 Pie update in the next few weeks.
Do not confuse the Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 (2018)) with the Nokia 6.1 Plus (which was launched in September 2018 and Android 9 pie update is already available via Nokia Betalabs. The Nokia 6.1 was launched in early 2018 with a full metal unibody design and a 16:9 aspect ratio display, running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SoC. Juho Sarvikas has also said that the update will skip the Betalabs and will directly be rolled out in the next few days. However, as of now, there is no exact time frame mentioned regarding the Android 9 Pie update for the Nokia 6.1.
Next. We will skip betalabs on Nokia 6.1 and roll out 🍰 soon— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) October 20, 2018
Nokia 6.1 specifications
The Nokia 6.1 is now available in India with 3/4 GB RAM with 32/64 GB internal storage for Rs 13,499, and Rs 16,499, respectively. The smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD screen with 1920 x 1080p resolution, protected by 2.5D curved tempered glass on the front with a metal unibody design on the back.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus 16 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optimisation and an 8 MP selfie camera. Both cameras can record 1080p videos @ 30fps, whereas the main camera can also record 4K videos @ 30fps with other features like panorama, HDR, bokeh effect, and more.
The smartphone has a 3000 mAh Li-ion battery with support for fast charging via USB type C port with a dedicated 3.5 mm headphone jack. The mobile was launched with Android 8.0 Oreo, and subsequently, the phone received an update for Android 8.1 Oreo, and now being updated to Android 9 Pie.
Do you own a Nokia 6.1 smartphone? If yes, how is the actual performance of the device and how do you feel about the big bezels on the top and the bottom portion of the smartphone?