TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
HMD Global has launched a new iteration of the Nokia 6.1 in India priced at Rs 18,999. The Nokia 6.1 now comes with 4 GB LPDDR4x RAM and 64 GB onboard flash storage. Unlike the 3 GB RAM model (offline exclusive), this one will be available from Amazon India from the 13th of May in Black/Copper, White/Iron and Blue/Gold colours.
Here are the offers associated with the launch of the Nokia 6.1 with 4 GB RAM
- Rs 2000 cashback for Airtel subscribers
- Complimentary Airtel TV subscription up to the 31st of December 2018
- 25% discounts on hotel bookings on MakeMyTrip
- Free smartphone insurance (accidental damage protection) from Kotak Mahindra Bank if they open Kotak 811 account
- No cost EMI for selected credit card users
The Nokia 6.1 is one of the smartphones, which is built like a tank. The smartphone has a full metal unibody design with a rugged design language made from a single block of 6000 series aluminium. On the front, the phone has a 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass. However, it still uses yester year's 16:9 aspect ratio with the prominent amount of bezels on top and bottom of the smartphone. This time around, the fingerprint sensor is placed on the back of the device in parallel to the single Zeiss branded camera module.
The Nokia 6.1 has a 5.5 inch FHD 1920 x 1080px IPS LCD display with 402 ppi. Under the hood, the device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Octa-core chipset, which is built on 14nm FinFET architecture. The phone has 4 GB LPDDR4x RAM and 64 GB eMMC 5.1 storage. Note that, the storage is user expandable up to 128 GB using a micro SD card slot. However, one has to sacrifice a secondary SIM slot, as the device has a hybrid SIM tray which can accept either two SIM cards or a SIM and a micro SD card.
The smartphone has a 16 MP primary camera with an f/2.0 aperture and an 8 MP front-facing selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture. The main camera can record native 4k videos at 30 fps, whereas the secondary camera tops at 1080p footage at 30fps.
The smartphone runs on the stock Android 8.1 Oreo OS. As this is an Android One device, it will be one of the first devices to receive Android P in the future. The phone has a 3000 mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0 via USB type C port.