- News Karnataka rebel Roshan Baig hails PM Modi's 'minorities' remark
- Sports Indian badminton chief Himanta elected as BAC vice-president
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Nokia 6 receives Android 7.1.2 Nougat update; Nokia 8 gets October security patch
Nokia 6 and Nokia 8 get updated.
Back in the last week, we came across a report hinting that the existing Nokia Android smartphones will get the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update before the Oreo update. This report came within days of the official announcement let out by HMD that these smartphones will get the Android 8.0 Oreo update by the end of this year.
Following the same, the Nokia 6 smartphone that was announced earlier this year has now received the Android 7.1.2 Nougat software update along with the Android security patch for the month of October. According to a tip received by GSMArena, the update that has been rolled out to the Nokia 6 weighs in at 665MB.
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat update to the Nokia 6 (TA-1021) brings in the several system stability and UI related improvements. The OTA update might take time to be rolled out to all the Nokia 6 users across the world. However, the users will get the notification regarding the update in the coming days.
Besides the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update, it also brings the October security patch to the Nokia 6 smartphone. From the official changelog of this specific iteration of Android, it is clear that the update will bring battery usage alerts, enhanced notification stability, fingerprint swipe performance improvement, additional features, and a slew of bug fixes.
In addition to the Nokia 6, the Nokia 8 has also received the October Android security update. This information comes from a NokiaPowerUser report citing a tip.
Ever since the launch of the Nokia Android smartphones earlier this year, HMD has been consistent when it comes to rolling out the monthly security updates and Android OS updates to the Nokia smartphones.
This does not come as a big surprise as HMD confirmed that the Nokia Android smartphones will receive two years of OS update support. Eventually, the Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3 that exist in the market will be updated with Android Oreo and Android P, which will be launched next year.