- 35 min ago How to make your Android device safe for kids
- 2 hrs ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 3 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 3 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- Sports ICC World Cup: Warner, Smith booed by crowd in warm-up match against England
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Nokia 6, Nokia 5, Nokia 3 to get Android 8.0 Oreo update by the end of 2017, confirms HMD
All Nokia phones will get Oreo by December 2017.
As soon as the Android 8.0 Oreo update was released officially in late August, HMD confirmed that all the Nokia Android smartphones will get the update. However, the specific timeframe for the roll out of the update was not announced.
Now, HMD has announced that the Nokia Android smartphones including Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3 will receive the Android Oreo update by the end of this year. This information was confirmed by Mark Trundle, the General Manager for Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia at HMD Global in an interview with GadgetGaul.
This is definitely good news for the users of the Nokia smartphones as they will be able to get the taste of Oreo in the coming months. Also, they will get the confidence in the brand when it comes to getting timely updated.
If you don't remember, HMD Global had already confirmed that the Nokia Android smartphones will be receiving two years of OS support. This means that these smartphones will get the Android Oreo and the upcoming Android P updates until 2018. Besides these updates, the company is also rolling out timely security patches and updates to these smartphones.
Given that the Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3 smartphones are priced in the mid-range market segment with affordable price tags, the rollout of timely updates is great news.
Talking about the Nokia 8, being the flagship smartphone, this one will definitely receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update as the others. Confirming the same, HMD has already teased the update by sharing photos of the testing process. The Nokia 8 was launched in India just a few days back at Rs. 36,999 and is all set to go on sale on October 14.