- 7 min ago Redmi K20 will be the first Redmi smartphone with 7th Gen In-display fingerprint sensor
- 22 min ago Sound One X80 wireless earphones launched with microSD card slot
- 1 hr ago TCL TV Days on Amazon: Get exciting deals on a range of smart TVs
- 1 hr ago Get the OPPO R17 Pro, OPPO A7 for Rs 10,000 less; Here's how
- News As exit polls indicate big BJP win, here is what the party has in mind in Karnataka
- Automobiles Audi Q5 Hybrid Revealed — Will It Make It To Indian Shores?
- Movies Maharshi Joins The 1-Crore Club In Record Number Of Centres; DETAILS INSIDE!
- Finance 3 Situations Where Income Tax Deductions Under Sec 80C Can Be Reversed
- Lifestyle Effects Of Smoking On Skin And Hair
- Sports England will be at the heart of a special World Cup, says Vaughan
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Nokia 9 launch could be nearing, claims report
The issue related to Nokia 9 production appears to be resolved.
Nokia 9 is the upcoming flagship smartphone from HMD Global awaiting its launch in the coming months. While there were speculations that this device could be unveiled sometime this year, the same was ruled out as recent reports hinted that the launch could be postponed to early 2019. Now, the earlier set of speculations have taken to the internet once again.
As per a NokiaPowerUser report citing their retail sources, the Nokia 9 flagship smartphone could be launched by the end of this year itself. The delay in its launch was due to the production of the penta-lens camera module but as the same is in active production, we can expect the launch to happen this year. If there is any delay, it might lead to an early 2019 announcement.
Production of penta-lens camera
When it comes to the delay in the Nokia 9 launch, it is mainly due to the issues related to the production of the penta-lens camera module. It looks like these issues have been resolved and the active production has debuted. However, there seem to be issues in scaling up the production. Also, the other challenge that the company has to face is producing in the markets like India under the 'make in India' program.
Nokia 9 rumored features
Till date, we have been coming across numerous reports regarding the Nokia 9 flagship smartphone. It is likely to be launched with an in-display fingerprint sensor and a penta-lens camera module at its rear, which we have never seen in any smartphone till date.
The penta-lens camera is said to arrive with Zeiss branding. It is likely that there will be seven cutouts arranged in a circular manner with five of them allotted for the camera lenses, one for the dual-tone LED flash and the other one could be a dual-sensor used for proximity detection. Of the five lenses, we can expect to see a depth-sensing camera, a telephone lens and a wide-angle lens.
In terms of specifications, the Nokia 9 is expected to be launched with a 3D glass OLED display, Android 9 Pie out of the box, Snapdragon 845 SoC and not the upcoming Qualcomm flagship SoC and a capacious 4150mAh battery.