TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Nokia, LG join hands; inks Smartphone Patent license
LG Electronics will soon embed technologies developed by Nokia in its smartphones as the Korean firm has agreed to take a royalty-bearing smartphone patent license from the Finnish telecom gear maker.
"We are pleased to welcome LG Electronics to our licensing program," Nokia Technologies President Ramzi Haidamus said in a statement.
LG Electronics is the latest of more than 60 licensees for Nokia's 2G, 3G and 4G mobile communication technologies and the first major smartphone manufacturer to join the licensing program since Nokia divested its Devices and Services business to Microsoft in 2014.
"We've worked constructively with LG Electronics and agreed on a mutually beneficial approach, including the use of independent arbitration to resolve any differences.
This agreement sets the scene for further collaboration between our companies in future," Haidamus said. The detailed royalty payment obligations will be subject to commercial arbitration and is expected to conclude within a 1-2 year timeframe. Other terms of the agreement remain confidential.