- 18 min ago Fossil Gen 5 Smartwatch Review: Premium Looks Combined With Ample Features
- 1 hr ago Acer Products To Focus On Adapting To The New Norm -- Jerry Kao
- 23 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- 24 hrs ago WD Purple SC QD101 MicroSD Review: Tailor-Made For Modern-Day Security Cameras
- Sports IPL 2020: Yet another milestone beckons Chris Gayle
- News Doval’s New India Doctrine: India will take the battle to where the threat originates
- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Lifestyle List Of Foods And Drinks You Should Avoid During Pregnancy
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T gets a new software update with September security patch
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T will be updated to Android 9 Pie
OnePlus recently confirmed that the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T will be updated to Android 9 Pie, albeit, Android 9 Pie will be the last update major software update that these devices will receive.
And now, the company has pushed out a new incremental software update based on Android 8 Oreo to fix some bugs on the OnePlus 3 and 3T and to optimise the overall user interface. The Oxygen OS 5.0.6 is now available for both the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T via OTA update, and users of both OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T are requested to install this update to stay up to date.
How to install Oxygen OS 5.0.6 on the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T?
Go to Settings > System updates and tapping the Check for Updates to install the latest software update for the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T.
What's new on Oxygen OS 5.0.6?
There are general bug fixes and improvements to the overall operating system. Similarly, the Google security patch has been updated for the month of September 2018.
OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T specifications
The OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T were launched in the year 2016 with features like 5.5-inch OLED display protected Corning Gorilla Glass protection, full metal unibody design with a forward facing fingerprint sensor.
These are also the first set smartphones from OnePlus with Dash Charging support, which can charge the smartphone from 0 to 100% in less than two hours. The same technology is now being used on the OnePlus 6T as well.
The OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T were powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage with no micro SD card slot for additional storage expansion. However, these phones did support dual SIM cards with 4G LTE or VoLTE on both the SIM slots.
The OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T have a 16 MP single camera on the back with OIS to support 4K video recording. One the front, these smartphones have an 8 MP selfie camera with support for 1080p video recording and Face Unlock (which was enabled after the launch of the OnePlus 5T).