TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Last week, OnePlus started rolling out OxygenOS 5.0.2, the first official Android Oreo OTA update for the OnePlus 5T. Among other features, the software upgrade added an multi-use SMS/keyboard app specifically for Indian users. Much to OnePlus's dismay, users didn't like the inclusion of this app as it demands a suspicious amount of permissions and gathers personal data.
Possibly after hearing complaints from its customer, OnePlus has now released a revised version of the update as OxygenOS 5.0.3. The changelog of this new update is almost identical to the last one, but the official thread does mention fixes for system stability issues and the removal of Mkey app. As is always the case, this OTA is incremental so the update will take a while to reach all the OnePlus 5T devices.
If you own an OnePlus 5T, you should get a notification for the OxygenOS 5.0.3 update in the coming days. Alternatively, you can check for the update manually by going to your phone's Settings>About Phone> System Updates.
It is important to note that being a firmware update, OxygenOS 5.0.3 will be large in size. So users should make sure their device has sufficient battery (at least 50 percent) and space before initiating with the installation process. Also, they Wi-Fi network to carry out the installation process in order to avoid additional mobile data charges. Lastly, it is better to back up all the date before installing the new OS.
Below is the official changelog for the OxygenOS 5.0.3
- Upgraded Android version to Oreo (8.0)
- New design for Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Updated Launcher to v2.2
- Updated Gallery to v2.0
- Updated Weather to v1.9
- Updated File Manager to v1.7.6
- Fixed system stability issues
While it is not detailed in the changelog, OnePlus 5T owners will now be able to experience all the Android features like Picture-in-Picture mode, Smart Text Selection, Notification Dots, Android Instant Apps, Google Play Protect improved booting time, extended battery life and a whole lot more.
If you are one of those lucky ones who have already received this new update, do let us know what visible changes are there in your phone.