TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
China-based handset maker OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei shared that the next OnePlus device would be released before the end of this year, which is around Christmas time.
Also, he added that, the device may or may not be a high end model than the recently released OnePlus 2, which leads to a OnePlus Mini model.
Meanwhile, we also heard about a phone called the OnePlus X with a 1440 x 2560 screen that could be a higher-spec'd version of the just unveiled OnePlus 2.
Owner of the company was quoted by Bloomberg as saying that the second 2015 device could be made for a "different type of audience, perhaps for those who appreciate design over specs."
When asked about the lack of NFC feature in the OnePlus One's successor, Pei said that "Very few people are using NFC, so we cut it. It's as simple as that." He added that by the time NFC is widely used, 12 to 18 months from now according to his calculations, people will be on to their next phone.
Also, Carl Pei, co-founder OnePlus, "We said 'let's sell 50,000 phones for the OnePlus One' but we were lucky and sold way more than that. We have some internal targets of 3-5 million (sales) for this year, but it's not really important if we reach it or not. The most important metric for us is what people say about our phone, are our users happy, can we survive this year or not?"