- 1 hr ago Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- 2 hrs ago Reliance Jio Offering Extra Data With Three Prepaid Plans
- 3 hrs ago Apple iPhone 13 Offers: Vodafone-Idea Providing Pre-Order On App, Websites, And Retail Showrooms
- 3 hrs ago Realme Book Slim (Core i3) Review: Good Alternative To Existing Legacy Notebooks
- News Punjab Crisis: Congress high command to decide on Amarinder's successor; MLAs pass resolution
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Sports Durand Cup: Group C opens up as Delhi FC and Bengaluru FC play a well contested draw
- Movies Mira Rajput Shares A Candid Pic Of Herself, Her Caption Has A Connection With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
- Automobiles Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
OnePlus Nord 2 User Suffers Trauma After Phone Explodes; Is OnePlus Taking Responsibility?
Update: OnePlus has reached out to us and shared an official statement on this matter. The company said, " Our top priority is the health and safety of our customers. We reached out to the concerned user immediately after hearing about this incident and initiated a thorough internal investigation.
The company has suggested that the Oneplus Nord 2's blast was due to some externally induced damage and not manufacturing defects. OnePlus added, "The results indicate that the damage to this device was caused by an isolated incident involving external factors and not due to any manufacturing or product issue. However, we remain in close touch with this user and have offered our support to address their concerns and ensure their wellbeing.
We would like to assure our customers that our products undergo thorough quality and safety tests, including various levels of pressure and impact tests, to ensure they are up to industry-leading standards and remain safe to use."
Original Story Follows
We have seen several smartphone blast incidents already this year and it seems they aren't stopping just yet. We have seen devices from Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo, and others going up in flames. However, this time the newly launched OnePlus Nord 2 exploded in a user's pocket leaving the user injured. What is the entire case and what OnePlus has to say about the incident?
OnePlus Nord 2 Explosion: What Is The Cause?
A user on Twitter called Ankur Sharma shared the images of a completely damaged OnePlus Nord 2 unit, which exploded early morning when his wife went cycling. According to the tweet (now deleted), the OnePlus Nord 2 was just five days old which went up in flames.
Sharma's wife was carrying the phone while she went out cycling at around 6 AM. The device is said to explode all of a sudden followed by smoke emission. This led to the user's wife accident who is now in trauma due to the incident.
The images of the damaged phone show the intensity of the explosion. The OnePlus Nord 2 unit is entirely burnt and damaged from the blast. The explosion seems to be due to an internal factor; likely the battery explosion. However, the exact reason isn't revealed just yet.
What Does OnePlus Say About This Incidence?
OnePlus has already acknowledged this incident has shared a tweet asking the user to connect directly. In a statement, the company quoted, "We are gutted to hear about your experience. We are deeply concerned and want to make it up to you. We request you to connect to us over a direct message so that we can make amends and turn this around for you."
Our Senior correspondent also reached out to the brand and was assured of investigations underway. This incident is still under investigation and it is not known if the explosion was due to some faulty hardware or customer induced damage.
We'll have to wait until the brand is done with all the evaluation of this smartphone explosion. It is also not revealed just yet if the company is planning to compensate by replacing the damaged unit or some other way.
Nevertheless, this mobile blast incident isn't the first of its kind. We have come across multiple such incidents in the past where mobile explosions turned lethal for their owners.
And this is a major concern that needs to be addressed. Since this is the only case related to OnePlus Nord 2's explosion, chances are it's due to some fault in the unit itself and not other available handsets.