- 1 hr ago VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- 5 hrs ago Get Discounts on TCL Smart TVs from Amazon
- 6 hrs ago Google Pixel 4 Live Image Leaks – Square Camera Module And Fabric Case Seen
- 6 hrs ago Honor 20i First Impression: Premium Design And Capable Triple Rear Cameras
- News Woman police officer hacked, burnt alive near her home in Kerala
- Movies EXPOSED? Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt BLAMED For Making Kangana Ranaut's Horse-riding Videos Viral?
- Sports ICC WC 2019: Preview: Tranquil India, intense Pakistan seek victory from emotional cauldron
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
OnePlus, Qualcomm planning 5G trials for Indian networks
The new wireless network will amplify the internet speeds by 20 times.
OnePlus, at MWC 2019 showcased it's first OnePlus 5G prototype smartphone powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. The company is one of the first OEMs to introduce smartphones powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor in India and has plans of deploying 5G networks with the chipmaker.
The new processor will provide users with high-end imaging, gaming, and intelligence for the coming generation of wireless networks.
Speaking at the occasion, Pete Lau, Founder, and CEO, OnePlus, said, "We have been loyal to Qualcomm's 800-series Snapdragon chipsets since the release of our very first flagship device. This strong partnership with Qualcomm makes us believe that we could bring the best 5G device to the world."
The company started working with Qualcomm in 2017 on OnePlus's 5G device development. In August of 2018, the OnePlus 5G Project Team established a 5G connection to Qualcomm Technologies' laboratory located in San Diego, in the US.
In October 2018, OnePlus rolled out the world's first 5G tweet by connecting a prototype device to a 5G Non-standalone Network, via an LTE b7 + 5G NR n78 air interface. The tweet sent out by the founder and CEO, Pete Lau read 'Say Hello to 5G'.
At MWC, OnePlus brand showcased its 5G prototype smartphone powered by the Snapdragon 855 chipset. The company recently announced that it is working with Qualcomm to launch the "5G Apps of Tomorrow" challenge among global developers. The winners will be awarded a total of €250,000 in cash, as well as other supporting resources.
As for 5G smartphones, we might get an affordable 5G smartphone as soon as 2020, according to Huawei executive Yang Chaobin. The device could be launched by the end of next year, a much faster development in contrast to what we've seen with previous mobile networks. We can also expect entry-level 5G phones by 2021.