TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Oppo in December 2017 launched a new smartphone dubbed as Oppo A3 in China. However new reports on the web now state that the Chinese handset maker will be unveiling the A83 in India on January 17th.
91mobiles reports that the company has sent out press invites for an event in Bengaluru for the said date. While the invite does not openly state what device but the source is quite certain that it is Oppo A83 that will be unveiled at the event. Further, the report states that the device will be priced around Rs. 15,000.
Having said that, while Oppo A83 has already been launched in China we have a good idea of what the smartphone has to offer. So let's take a glimpse of what the device brings to the table.
Opppo A83 Features and Specifications
To begin with, Oppo A83 comes with a 5.7-inch Full HD+ LCD display with a screen resolution of 1,440×720 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9. In addition, the display supports multi-touch functionality. Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P23 processor that is clocked at 2.5GHz. The handset offers 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
In terms of optics, the smartphone is equipped with a 13MP rear-facing primary camera with LED flash, Auto Focus, and 720p recording capabilities. Up front, there is an 8MP camera for shooting selfies and video calls. Interestingly, Oppo A83 ditches the fingerprint sensor altogether in favor of face unlock. Oppo claims that its face recognition can be as fast as 0.18 seconds.
Moving on, Oppo A83 is backed by a 3180mAh battery and it runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with the company's own ColorOS 3.2 on top. Connectivity suite of the Oppo A83 offers 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, GPS, GLONASS and dual-SIM support. While, sensors onboard the smartphone include Ambient light, distance and Gravity sensors. The handset measures 150.5×73.1×7.7 mm and weighs about 143 grams.